View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jiuyon
Shudal
Raider

re: New Guild

So we discussed in raid tonight the idea of creating a new guild for the merged raid team with TBT. It would help consolidate raiders, and encourage more communication between the two parts of the raid team. Any ideas, troubles, or guild name ideas can be discussed here.
Notices
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

That Raiding Guild.

holyshanthi
Officer

Has it been determined which guild the guildmaster for the new guild will guild guildy guild?

I think you understand what I'm asking here. Basically, I'm asking guild.

I propose we name the guild Moonrise Kingdom.

Zindaria
Zindaria2
Raider

I second "That Raiding Guild"

holyshanthi
Officer

Zindaria2 wrote:

I second "That Raiding Guild"

Zin endorsing it is an instant disqualification.

Kashina
Raider

I also have questions about how the new guild will be run.  Who will be guild master?  Officers?  Policies?  Et cetera.

Are we moving everyone's alts there, or is this for raiding mains only?

I think that overall it's probably a good idea, since there is a bit of an us vs. them thing going on.  Not in a hostile way... but it's there.  Hopefully hanging out together in a guild all the time will strengthen relationships with everyone.

I do think that it sucks that our raid progress will be in the new guild while all our previous achievements are in the old ones.  And we'll have to grind out our guild rep again.  And we'll have to remember that there's a 1 hour delay when mailing items to someone's alt if it's left behind in the old guild.

Also, what's going to happen to the social members in our guild?  I know that I have several friends (and a husband) who have characters in our guild for at least occasional socializing.  Are they going to be allowed and/or encouraged to move with us if they want?  Some of them might not be too happy about suddenly finding themselves in an inactive guild, I don't know.

If the raid alliance is successful, I feel like what will probably happen is that we will all just gradually migrate to the new guild and the old guilds will fall into disuse and slowly die off.  (And if it's not successful there will be a messy break up while everyone moves back to the old guilds or moves on completely.)  So if we're going to do this, we should do it right and lay a strong guild foundation in the beginning, not just treat it like some random place to put our raid team while we figure stuff out as we go.

We could have the greatest, most amazing guild name anyone has ever thought of and still crash and burn if the important stuff isn't hammered out.

The idea, as I understand it, is that raiding mains will essentially be required to switch (I mean, it won't be phrased so heavy-handedly, but the idea is that all the raiders will be there) but beyond that, it's entirely up to each individual character. If you want to switch your alt over, you can. If you don't, you don't have to. If a social member wants to switch, they can. If they don't, they don't have to. I mean, they will want to, because the new guild will have a far better name, but still...up to them.

As for guildmaster, that hasn't been determined yet, but I imagine officers in TG and TBT will be officers in the new guild. We seem to have very similar policies in TG and TBT, so I don't anticipate any changes to business as usual on that front.

It will suck to leave our guild achievements behind, but at least all your raid progression will follow you on your character. Guild rep doesn't take all that long to re-accrue, as I recall from the last time I switched guilds (ahem, awkward). And there's not much use for it right now, so I'm sure you'll be exalted by the time you need it.

Zindaria
Zindaria2
Raider

Guild rep is crazy easy to get.

I don't mind footing the bill for a new website and changing over our vent server to thatraidingguild.typefrag.com

Both us and TBT have silly guild names.  TBT I believe is "Tacos Beer Tits".

Do ppl want a more serious name?

holyshanthi
Officer

If by "serious" name, you mean one of those all-business names like "Ascendance" or a Latin phrase, then no. I would like a more attractive or evocative name. It could be something simpler, like "Spice Traders," or something more exotic like "Silken Dagger" or even something whimsical like "Dragonfly Armada." I wouldn't call any of those particularly serious, but more distinctive and interesting than "That Guild" or "TBT."

I would like to avoid pun/joke names, personally.

Zindaria
Zindaria2
Raider

From our previous thread regarding guild names:

<Felweed dealers>

<Great Guild Name Here>

<Unknown>

<For Lease> 

<Your Ad here>

<Victorious Secret> 

<Aftermath>

<Bad Karma>

Random things from my brain while I eat at lunch:

<Reserved>

<Stands in fire>

<Royal Apothecary Society>

holyshanthi
Officer

Yikes.

Zindaria
Zindaria2
Raider

Yikes, they're all great? 

holyshanthi
Officer

There's a guild on our server cluster with a name I think is pretty good, "Exotic Curse."

I'm not saying we should murder them and take their name, I'm just saying that I consider a good example of a guild name.

Notices
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

<Joke Names Rule Shanthi Drools>

holyshanthi
Officer

How about we go with a serious and regal guild name like <Shanthi>?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Guild Forum Index -> Public Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum